When you go to make your meal plan for the week take time (yes, sorry I said time) to look up the deals of the week at the store you will be shopping at. Planning your meals using the discount of the week will ensure those extra savings. 💵
Also coupons help a ton. Honestly I don't have the time to buy news papers and cut out the coupons I need and remember to bring and use them at the store but if you are in a real pinch you do what you have to. For my life it isn't worth it but I will share the way I do coupon. I don't usually use paper coupons because of the time it consumes but also a lot of the coupons in the paper are luxury items like make up, paper towls, hair dyes, and so on. They are worth it for soap razors and shampoo but also if you are pinching pennies you can just use baking soda to wash your hair. If you have pets then it may be worth looking into for you, you can always find coupons for their food.
So back to what I do as far as couponing.
I look for products at the store with the save now coupon attached and then compare it to the lowest price item of its kind to see if with the coupon it comes out to a lower price.
Also I use checkout51 on my phone because they have more necessary coupons like milk, tomatoes, bread and laundry soap.
Also I use shop kicks app. This is very helpful because you can get gift cards to use instead of your own money and it isn't necessary to make purchases to get the kicks. Also a good friend introduced me to ibotta app, also a great couponing app. Cheakout51 and ibotta can be used in the comfort of your own home. Instead of scrambling at the checkout trying to use your coupons these apps just have you send a picture of your receipt or scan your item and send it in. Of course you have to find the coupon you wish to use first.
Anyway that is my method to the madness.
Thursday, December 1, 2016
Trimming the grocery bill
Labels:
cheakout51,
coupon,
grocery,
helpful tips,
ibotta app,
savings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment